On January 20, John and I left beautiful Southern California heading to our new home in Texas. In the short two years that we were able to serve Redeemer PCA in Torrance, God blessed us with an amazing couple Roger and Christine Moore. Christine was able to work out her schedule as a teacher in South Central LA to accompany me in my car following John across the lovely desert. Her sense and humor and perseverence made the trip quite a wonderful adventure. On the first day we made it to Anthem, Arizona. The second day my warning light went off near a gas station in Tuscon. Checking it out at a Honda dealer a mile away, determined that I needed a new transmission. Yikes, $3000 and time to take cactus pictures, Christine and I were on our way in John's car. John stayed behind and crashed in a motel a few blocks away. He spent the night and followed the next day.Thursday, February 19, 2009
Friends- New and Old
On January 20, John and I left beautiful Southern California heading to our new home in Texas. In the short two years that we were able to serve Redeemer PCA in Torrance, God blessed us with an amazing couple Roger and Christine Moore. Christine was able to work out her schedule as a teacher in South Central LA to accompany me in my car following John across the lovely desert. Her sense and humor and perseverence made the trip quite a wonderful adventure. On the first day we made it to Anthem, Arizona. The second day my warning light went off near a gas station in Tuscon. Checking it out at a Honda dealer a mile away, determined that I needed a new transmission. Yikes, $3000 and time to take cactus pictures, Christine and I were on our way in John's car. John stayed behind and crashed in a motel a few blocks away. He spent the night and followed the next day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cindy thanks for catching us up on your life in TX. I have been praying for you guys... Miss you. Glad that John has some opportunities to preach the word. That is amazing about your family reunion at your mom's birthday!! Your mother is beautiful just like you, I would love to meet her!! I know TX is a big state but Holly Johnson lives down there now as well in Mc Kinney. Dont know if that is near you, but thought you two might know each other.
Also if you two are every doing a massive road trip like you just did, if you need a place to crash for a little while you are always welcome in our home. Love you Cindy miss you SOOOO much xoxoxoxxoxoxo
Stacie & Baily Rudy
Post a Comment