
We arrived in Midland, Texas on Wednesday night. George and Laura arrived on Tuesday. At a coffee shop the next morning , I asked the waitress if the Bushes ever have coffee and grits there. "No", she said, but they lived just a few blocks away.

So we drove over to see George and Jeb's boyhood home.

It is interesting that two presidents and two govenors have lived in this home. That was a little treat that we did not expect. Made us feel very connected to national history.

Our first "grits" in Texas. See all that beautiful shiny grease. Christine's grandfather was actually born in Grapevine, Texas. Now is that random or what? So these were not here first grits.This was the last meal we had for the entire day. Blessed is the friend who will eat celery, peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, red hot tamale candy and cornnuts for an entire trip. I am nuts when I am driving and hate to stop. Yes, we are still kindred spirits and the best of friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment