
Friday night "Papa" John and I took four of the girls in our apartment complex to an Art Show and Fair in Southlake, Texas.

They are third and fifth graders and they had a blast!

We got to meet Miss Teen Texas. She was as sweet as she looks and told them about her platform to not give up in adversity. Two of these girls have no father contact. All but one claims to know Jesus but their parents never take them to church.

This was Akelah's first time to bungee jump (child style)

Emily was much more daring. She jumped the highest as we all stood and cheered her on.
John and I are making good friends with the parents and the children. While we are waiting for God's next assignment, we love our invisible church that we see happening here in Texas.
4 comments:
You're so amazing, Aunt Cindy! Your positive outlook & love for the Lord is such a blessing... even 1000 miles away in Colorado! I love you!
What a wonderful gift for these kids! They are experiencing Jesus' love through you and John. I love reading your blog and keeping up with the two of you! : ) Much love, Lora
We're catching up on your last several posts. I'm glad to see a dog in one of the pictures! Say hello to all your "adopted" kids for me! Love you, Kelda (and Mary)
Aunt Cindy, you are such an inspiration. I've learned so much about loving people around me in practical ways through your example. What sweet young friends you have made!
Love, Cherie
Post a Comment