Friday, September 28, 2007

Greece, Istanbul and Vatan




Many of you will remember our Air force Cadet ('96) from Turkey. He became like a son to us and a brother to our kids. He now flies for the Turkish Air force. My mother has invited me to go on a Greek Cruise with her from October 2-13. One of our stops will be in Istanbul. Vatan is bringing his family, Deniz and Mercan, nine hundred miles just to see me. Please pray for Mercan. She is six months old and has some serious kidney concerns. They will meet me in Istanbul at the dock. They will give me a personal tour of Istanbul. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I have dreamed for many years that we could visit him. Please be praying for our time on October 7. We have not seen each other in many years.

2 comments:

Den Vat said...

We are very much excited to see you, and so grateful for this wonderful opportunity.

we love you

Elisabeth said...

How special! Hope you are having a fabulous time on your cruise. Happy Birthday!

Love,
Elisabeth, Steve, and Rebecca